Bursary Rules & Guidelines
The scholarship is open to all Canadian-Lebanese university students who are registered at a Quebec University who are either Canadian citizens or hold the status of Canadian resident, and who have successfully completed at least the first year of their University program. To be considered by the FCCICL Bursary Selection Committee, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A statement of purpose (written in French or English) 600 words maximum.
- A current CV/Resume
- A certificate of admission as proof that the student has been officially accepted for full time studies at a recognized university for the school year for which this application is being made.
- A complete official transcript of grades as of June 30th. These transcripts must be forwarded directly to the FCCICL by the educational institution awarding these grades.
c/o Souha Azar
9A – 6300 Northcrest Place
Montreal, QC, H3S 2W3
- A passport size photo
- Complete the ‘Financial Situation’ form (to download the form, click here)
- Copies of the most recent federal and provincial income tax assessments receipts, as well as copies of income tax returns of the previous year. Additionally, all applicants must provide (1) or (2):
- A single applicant must provide the most recent federal and provincial tax assessments received by each parent as well as copies of their income tax returns for the previous year.
- A married applicant must submit income tax returns and most recent tax assessments received by the spouse.
- Have achieved a high grade-point average in the previous year of studies as indicated by the transcript.
- Clearly demonstrate that financial assistance via a FCCICL bursary would be of direct benefit.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have applied to Quebec’s Aide financière aux études (AFE) program**. Accordingly, if you have applied for AFE, please provide proof of application and/or any financial aid received from AFE for the past and/or the current year.
- All selected winners must attend the award ceremony (this year’s ceremony is held in early March , 6:30pm-9pm at the City Hall of Montreal). Failing to attend the ceremony may result in the scholarship being revoked (assessment on a case-by-case basis).
- The provision of false or misleading information or failure to provide material information will invalidate the application and will result in immediate rejection, or in the revocation of any bursary awarded.
- lndividuals directly related to members of the board of directors or to the employees of FCCICL are not eligible for the FCCICL bursary.
- Previous FCCICL scholarship winners cannot re-apply to the bursary program
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM TO sit amet lorem maximus pretium. Nullam vehicula risus et diam blandit dignissim.